With a long history, our was founded in 1897 in Japanese reign period. It was named as ¡§the First Affiliated Mandarin School." As the first school for Taiwanese females, it became the seed for Taiwan female education and female secondary education. It first situated in Shilin, and then moved to Neijiang Street in Ximen Zone. At the beginning of Zhongshan, the curriculum included Japanese language, weaves and tailor. A few years later, the school further provided etiquette, home economics, arithmetic, music, calligraphy, painting and PE lessons.
In 1922, the name of the school was changed into "Taipei Provincial Third Girls' High School." During this period, the school moved to the present location in 1937. The Yat-Sen building was established in 1936 as the only building for the school at that time. It now becomes a 3rd level historic site. Although the curriculum was similar to the first period, more subjects were added, such as geography, history, science, Chinese language. This was designed to be the basis of later normal education.
In 2008, the school will have been founded for 111 years. No matter what the source of the name is, our school holds the belief to develop whole-person education and creates the environment which best promotes learning. Our school has nurtured over 60,000 female elites as one of the top school for female education.
Zhong Shan Girls High School 2008
All rights reserved